Product liability lawsuits focus on recovering compensation for injuries and deaths caused by dangerous and defective products. This can mean negligence on the part of a manufacturer, a seller, or a multitude of other parties, but when these accidents do happen, they can have severe and life altering affects on their victims.
A truck driver remains in critical condition after being injured in an anhydrous ammonia tank explosion. The victim, a 50-year-old man from Peoria, Illinois, had reportedly been towing two anhydrous ammonia tanks on Illinois Route 40 early Thursday morning when the tanks began rocking back and forth, causing him to lose control. One tank immediately exploded, while the other began to leak anhydrous ammonia gas. A bystander and a nearby Illinois State Police Trooper both witnessed the accident, and pulled the driver to safety. The man was transported to OSF St. Anthony Medical Center in Rockford. (Journal Star)
Thousands of people are injured annually because of design defects in vehicles, trailers, and other aspects of automotive equipment. Our Illinois personal injury lawyers are very proud of the fact that we have not only recovered substantial settlements for our clients, but that we have also aided in the removal of dangerous products from the market to prevent them from causing any further injuries or suffering.
There is a wide range of potential defects that can be harmful to drivers and passengers, but here are some of the most common:
• Failure of airbags or airbag electronics to deploy in a timely manner, resulting in greater force of impact and serious injuries.
• Door latch failures, which sometimes cause doors to open during an accident and eject passengers.
• Defective gas tanks or fuel lines, leading to fuel fed fires.
• Glass breakage, which is often caused by weak glass glazing, and which may allow occupants to be ejected from a vehicle in an accident.
• Rollover accidents caused by vehicles that are dangerously prone to rolling over. This is often a reason for SUV automotive recalls.
• Weak roofs, which can collapse on occupants in the even of a rollover accident.
• Seat belt failures, which can cause seat belts to unlatch, tear, spool out, or otherwise fail to keep occupants safe during an accident.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a dangerous or defective product, or if you are the survivor of someone who has lose their life because of such an incident, it is important that you get a legal team with experience to fight for your rights. Our lawyers are always available for a free consultation, and if we choose to take your case you won’t pay unless we recover your compensation.