Every weekday, about 25 million children from all over the United States use a school bus to get to and from school, and millions of adults, including thousands of people living in the City of Chicago, also rely on buses to get them from point-A to point-B. As personal injury lawyers working in one of the largest hubs of passenger bus transportation in the country, our attorneys have helped a number of clients gain compensation for traffic-related injuries, and possess an extensive amount of experience handling bus accident lawsuits. (LegalInfo)
Because there is a significant amount of variation within this industry, accidents and injuries can leave victims financially and physically damaged, with no idea of what to do next. If you have suffered a serious injury as a result of a bus accident, it is crucial that you seek legal representation from a firm that understands the intricacies of serious accident ligitation. By examining the list found below, you can develop a better understanding of the wide range of cases that our lawyers handle:
• Accidents involving the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) or other local/public mass transit carriers • Accidents involving school buses or injuries to children
• Accidents involving charter or tour buses
• Accidents and injuries involving sight-seeing buses or other similar vehicles
• Accidents involving large interstate motor carrier companies, such as Greyhound or MegaBus • Accidents involving shuttles or similar transit vehicles
• Pedestrian or bicycle bus accidents
• Car accidents involving buses or other mass transit vehicles
• Accidents or injuries that were caused or worsened by either a manufacturer or design defect
Any time someone gets onto a bus, they are placing their trust in that vehicles driver, the company that maintains it, and the manufacturer that produced it. Due to the nature of buses, passengers are not always protected from blunt force trauma by seat belts, and are often standing or moving about the isles while the vehicle is in motion, which increases their risk of injury in the event of an accident.
Many victims of traumatic injury require surgeries, rehabilitation, and ongoing medical care just to regain some semblance of their life before their accident. This type of care is extremely expensive, and our lawyers know how worrisome it can be to continue accumulating these kinds of expenses while being physically unable to return to work or earn income. If you have been injured, or if you have lost a loved one because of an Illinois bus accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, insurance costs, and other hardships. If you think you may have a case, call our lawyers anytime to explore the legal options available for your unique situation.