If you are personally involved in a car accident or witness one, please do the following:
1. Stop your car in a safe, well-lighted public place.
2. Help a person who has suffered injuries from car accident if necessary or requested. Protect the person from traffic, cover the injured person for comfort and to avoid shock. Do not move an injured person unless absolutely necessary. Call 911.
3. Warn other drivers, using flares if available.
4. Ask everyone involved for names, addresses, phone numbers, driver’s license numbers, and license plate numbers.
5. Notify the nearest police station as soon as possible.
For more information.